Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Circle B Bar Green Heron 000

I was at my favorite place for a photo shoot over the 2014 Fourth of July weekend, the Circle B Bar Reserve near Lakeland, Florida. Because it is summer I did not see as great a variety of wildlife as I anticipate seeing in a few months from now. Still I saw what seemed like hundreds of individual animals and came away with nearly one hundred fifty photographs that I felt were worth keeping. This was all in less than four hours. This green Heron was hunting in the canal alongside of the Alligator Alley trail not far from the intersection with Marsh Rabbit Run. Here are some possible keywords to help you search for more information on green Herons: green heron, Butorides virescens, small Heron, green-backed Heron, Con-specific with striated heron, Butorides striata, green Heron hunting,

No comments:

Post a Comment