Sunday, August 24, 2014

BUTTERFLY WEEK

As a challenge to myself this week I am going to work on getting acceptable pictures of butterflies to post here. They can be quite challenging to get close enough to to get a good quality picture without scaring them off. I have noticed that on days or times when there are more than very mild breezes the butterflies tend to be even more flighty and challenging to photograph. Central Florida has at least three very common types of butterfly. One is the Black Swallowtail, commonly referred to as the american Swallowtail or parsnip Swallowtail. Another very common butterfly is the Gulf Fritilarry Butterfly. Finally the Yellow Sulfer Butterfly is seen very frequently. Today's picture is of a Black Swallowtail that I tried very hard to get, but the flowers in the foreground tricked me. I am posting this picture strictly because I like the way that the depth of field treats it and blends it into the whole picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment