Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Cruising Winter Haven in a Chevy Corvair

While I saw a lot of classic cars during this month's show, this Chevy Corvair really struck a cord with me. At the time this car debuted, Chevrolet was for the most part manufacturing ever larger "family cars". This classic car was one of the first "midsize" cars produced by the "Big Three" automakers. This vintage car had a style and Charisma all it's own, though you may have to be old enough to at least remember seeing them when they were common. In some ways it was, in my opinion, the family version of the Chevrolet Corvette in appearance. Though it is now an antique car it will probably always live on in the nostalgia of small town America. To be honest with you, I do not know when a vintage automobile becomes an antique automobile. I think that the owner's first name was George, but if my memory is faulty, you have my apologies along with my thanks for your permission to post these photographic images here.

No comments:

Post a Comment