Wednesday, August 26, 2015

THE HAND PUMP AT THE COMMON GROUND PARK

  Another great place to create your art is at a local park or playground. Many of them have sculptures or statues and playground equipment to create unique images with or from. I have been to this playground with my children several times to play with them, or at least watch them play. I had an epiphany while I was there the last time with them and realised that if I came back there while they were in school I could actually photograph the park and it's features uninterrupted by having to keep track of my children while they played.
 This artistic photograph was taken the Common Ground Park in Lakeland, Florida while most of the school age children were in school and park usage was low. I took this picture under the shade of a picnic pavilion and used the little girl statue to augment the main subject of this photograph, the old fashioned water pump. As you can tell from the water in the air, this is actually a functional hand pump. Using a two second delay on the camera made it kind of hard to get the water flowing and back to the camera in time to get the picture of the water flowing without causing a blurred picture. This artist's photograph took many attempts until I was happy with the base image. I did do a small amount of touch up editing using my favorite editing program

No comments:

Post a Comment