Thursday, September 3, 2015

Yellow Hibiscus Flower

I took this closeup picture of a yellow colored Hibiscus flower in early August of 2014. While I can remember that I took it somewhere in Winter Haven, Florida, I do not remember exactly where. The Hibiscus can be either a flowering shrub (most common in my experience) or nurtured in to a small single stem tree. In the right frost free conditions the bushes can grow up to fifteen feet tall. The trumpet shaped flowers can grow to six inches in diameter and come in a variety of colors. While this plant is common in central Florida they do not seem to flourish farther north of here in my limited experience. 
Bearing in mind that "everything you read on the internet is true" (NOT).......the hibiscus has many medicinal uses. I have not tried any of these and I am not advising you to use any of them. I am not a health care professional and I do not give health care advice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment